Tuesday, April 28, 2020

Struggling With How to Furnish This Area - looking for inspo

My husband and I just moved into this house a couple of months ago and I can’t figure out exactly what I want to do in this area. It’s kind of a breakfast nook off the kitchen that looks into a our backyard. We back to a parkland area, so a great view and lighting and there is a fireplace off to the side.

My husband wants to do a small breakfast table there (think small round table and two small chairs), but I want to do something a little more cozy. I recently put my poang Ikea chair there (NOT permanently) and have been loving sitting there enjoying my coffee, doing work, or reading. Is there a way to balance what we both want? We don’t actually eat breakfast that often, so I want the space to be usable and enjoyed.

Photos for reference are the space, the space in relation to the kitchen, floor plan with measurements and the coffee bar and shelving we just put up to the right (opposite the fireplace).

https://imgur.com/a/EWYu2F2



Submitted April 28, 2020 at 10:03AM by CallipygianJ https://bit.ly/2KItVuc

No comments:

Post a Comment