Friday, March 27, 2020

Art & Design Help for Large Living Room Wall Space

Room measurements:

Main space - 144"L x 104"H

Kitchen space - 70"L x 104"H

Wall specs: Sherwin Williams "Super Paint" in a satin finish with "orange peel" texture

Aesthetic: Mid Century Modern

Budget: $500

Location: Seattle, North America

Art style: graffiti, bright, colorful character work (see artist Ten Hundred), clean line illustration (see artist Jose Guadalupe Posada), tattoo culture (see artist Lango).

Art color scheme interests: red, cream, gold, dark green, neutral tones with a pop of color (preferably red to complement red stools but I'm open!)

Notes: I wanted to put a 12' x 8' peel n' stick mural in the Main space but my plans were foiled when the vendor (Society 6) recommended against it as the adhesion would be compromised due to wall texture. I'm still very interested in filling up the whole Main space with a giant mural...somehow. I'm a renter but my landlords were on board with the peel n' stick mural.

If not, I could put a large piece centered under the track lighting. From there, I need help with the space to the left of that (remaining Main space, Kitchen space). For the Kitchen space, I am considering hanging 3 stainless steel pots and also have 4 floating plants (pictured). I'd like to put a shelf in there too for my speaker. If I do big art in the Main space, I figured I shouldn't add any more art to the Kitchen space.

Thank you, DesignMyRoom reddit! You guys have seriously helped me in the past :) Also feel free to offer other suggestions for my space. It's my FIRST time independently designing my own space and I'm EXCITED.

https://preview.redd.it/d3ixthdmn4p41.jpg?width=2100&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=55c9a793ee7503557a4af41480f04596739d3d5d

https://preview.redd.it/vw9ctjmln4p41.jpg?width=1877&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=aac5e924269a9bb7fb6c91fd33c1ee7d9aed5a3a

https://preview.redd.it/xxth4zpkn4p41.jpg?width=2016&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=cc2c1032062bb5fc01ef75c283bdd9efb10781fd

https://preview.redd.it/dkqk1gsjn4p41.jpg?width=2016&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=b9789cd35fc226198735780a67a34674923a67b6

https://preview.redd.it/yvvhn2ghn4p41.jpg?width=828&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=f427e0c8118424e4632d155583e4adf9d6e9a4bb

https://preview.redd.it/m064gv6cn4p41.jpg?width=2016&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=ec47e598a3cd2028d1e783a39c9fcc272c9b781b

https://preview.redd.it/j41a5h6cn4p41.jpg?width=1280&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=eb0733fc4acdf4c6207130277f5e3150908a04f0



Submitted March 27, 2020 at 09:36AM by biancajosi https://bit.ly/3bzSWn7

No comments:

Post a Comment