Sunday, February 23, 2020

My loud living room needs your help!

https://imgur.com/a/i52uInq Link for additional photos.

I bought this furniture when I was fresh out of college, it shows (tired of being a sad teen, I went for color and things that made me feel creative or laugh... hence the giraffe). I've leveled out but my husband and I are stuck with the furniture for the foreseeable future. This painting was a gift from my grandmother. It is louder than my taste but I do like it, though I have no idea how to work around it to make it look more classy, less Pier21.

I want the room to feel cozy and more gender neutral if possible, but other than the painting, the walls are bare and idk what to do with them. The room feels like it's too much but also not enough at the same time. Do I get some solid curtains? Change the cushion and pillow on the swing? Put in a chair rail and do some painting? What color? Wouldn't mind some plants but my cats are little fluffy chewing machines. Or should I take some stuff out? Leave the walls free from clutter to let the focus stay on the painting?

The couch cover can be flipped to a beige if it's too much. But then it would blend in with the wall. Any input would be so appreciated.



Submitted February 23, 2020 at 08:30AM by givemeanew_name http://bit.ly/2TaHeHV

No comments:

Post a Comment