Saturday, February 22, 2020

Can my bedroom pull off dark charcoal grey?

Hi all, I am finally getting to my own bedroom in my condo renovation adventures. I’ve patched things and I’d to begin to paint this weekend. I’ve had my heart set on a dark charcoal with no brown tones and no blue tones, just almost-black but still considered grey paint.

In the link below I have photos of my room, some inspo pics, the swatches I’ve narrowed down to and a photo showing what some typical bright light is like in the room. It gets pretty bright and then is cozy at night. It is also quite large and roomy, but the ceilings are not super high.

MY THOUGHTS: The current shades will not stay. Ceiling will be repainted white. No furniture is staying. New 5” white baseboards will be going in to match the rest of the house. The floor will stay. White framing will be added to the closets. I plan to buy a larger bed and keep it where it is. I’d like to have walnut-colored furniture in this room, cognac leather, white sheets, black metal accents like lamp. I will put a chaise or some seating on the half closer to the closets.

Images here.

Any opinions on firstly, if this room would in your opinion work with dark grey? Secondly, any further advice on layout, furniture rec’s, etc.?

Thank you so much!!



Submitted February 22, 2020 at 09:30AM by libraintjravenclaw http://bit.ly/38KOEYS

No comments:

Post a Comment